Stores Operative (part time)
Penta Precision is recruiting a part time Stores Operative (30 hours / week) to strengthen our team to meet fast growing customer demand.
We are looking for an individual with excellent attention to detail and will demonstrate the company's core values, taking care in all tasks undertaken.
Working hours will be 9:00 - 15:30, Monday - Friday.
Mission - Stores Operative
1. Conducting the Goods In process
- Booking in materials and deliveries as per the Penta process.
- Operating the fork lift truck.
2. Conducting the Goods Out process
- Packaging of the components to a high standard to avoid damage during transit.
- Preparing the delivery documentation, including amending Sales Orders to capture costs if necessary.
- Timely booking of deliveries/collections with customers/couriers to ensure collections are made before the end of the working day.
3. Stock control
- Assisting with the maintenance of the stock records within Penta.
- Performing regular stock checks.
- Maintaining raw material stock in good order.
4. Contributing to the driving required for material deliveries
- Driving the Penta van to assist with material deliveries/collections where necessary.
5. Continuous improvement of Production Engineering & Quality department, team and self
- Red flag issues and opportunities for improvement.
- 100% completion of “to do’s” within 14 days.
- Complete one Rock per quarter.
- Follow ISO9001:2015 procedures and feedback systems.
Penta people are flexible, have a can do attitude, make work enjoyable for all, we are conscientious, and we strive for improvement in ourselves and the company.
What does that look like in this job role?
When managing the Goods In process
- To help expedite decision making, firstly thinking through two or three approaches to obstacles encountered before approaching colleagues.
- Ensuring that all deliveries are marked up and booked in correctly according to Penta processes.
- Engaging and contributing at 8D investigations so we learn from our mistakes.
- Being clear, balanced and honest, yet sensitive and supportive when giving input.
When managing the Goods Out process
- Using initiative and take care to prevent damage in transit and storage.
- Ensuring that the correct documentation is with each delivery/collection.
When maintaining the Stock Control process
- Using initiative and taking care to ensure that stock records are accurate.
- Ensuring that raw materials and finished godos are not damaged.
When driving or operating the forklift for the company
- Ensuring that safety is always the number one priority.
- Paying attention to what else is happening within the workplace.
- Being flexible with the locations you drive to and from.
When working on departmental continuous improvement
- Being positive about the need to have a KPI focus to help drive and monitor progress.
- Using experience to red flag issues.
- Asking questions rather than making statements to help improve understanding, consider different points of view and make better decisions quicker.
- Rising to the challenge of something new and “give it a go”: we need to be ahead of the game.
- Embracing change and being prepared to “give it a go”.