A Guide to PPS CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PPS?
Polyphenylene sulphide (PPS) is a semi-crytalline, high temperature thermoplastic polymer. PPS offers the broadest resistance to chemicals of any advanced engineering plastic.
Because of PPS's chemical structure it is a highly resistant polymer with high strength and hardness, especially in the higher temperatures. PPS has good dimensional stability as well as low moisture absorption.
Main Attributes of PPS:
- High chemical resistance
- High temperature performance
- High modulus when reinforced
- Good mechanical strength
- Low water absorption
- Good dimensional stability
- Excellent electrical properties
- High purity characteristics
- High maximum allowable temperature in air (220°C continuously, 260°C in bursts)
- Suitable for food contact
PPS MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about plastic PPS for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see PPS referred to as:
- Trade names:
- TECATRON® (natural, GF40 black & natural, PVX black, SE natural, CM CF15 GR10 TF10 black (XP-83), CM GF40 natural (XP-64) and SV natural
- Sustatron PPS
- PPS resin
PPS Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which PPS is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using PPS and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- Structural components
- Filter housings
- Pump/fitting components
- Roller bearings
- Core formers
- Heat shields
- Surgical instrument components
- Chain guides
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics
- Oil & Gas
PPS Machining Service - PPS Milling & Turning
Penta Precision provides highly accurate PPS machined parts. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following PPS machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining PPS for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PPS machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.