A Guide to PPS CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PPS?
Polyphenylene sulphide (PPS) is a semi-crytalline, high temperature thermoplastic polymer. PPS offers the broadest resistance to chemicals of any advanced engineering plastic.
Because of PPS's chemical structure it's a highly resistant polymer with high strength and hardness, especially in the higher temperatures. PPS has good dimensional stability as well as low moisture absorption.
Main Attributes of PPS:
- High chemical resistance
- High temperature performance
- High modulus when reinforced
- Good mechanical strength
- Low water absorption
- Good dimensional stability
- Excellent electrical properties
- High purity characteristics
- High maximum allowable temperature in air (220°C continuously, 260°C in bursts)
- Suitable for food contact
GET PPS MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about plastic PPS for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
PPS Machining Service - PPS Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate PPS machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
''Penta always provide a professional and high quality service and always deliver on or before the agreed delivery date. As well as electronic communication we have had many face to face meetings with them which they were always happy to attend and offer advice as well as discuss challenging work so that it could be progressed onto manufacture.'' Adam - Development Engineer
Penta Precision provides the following PPS machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining PPS for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PPS machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.