GET A QUOTE
ABS Plastic Machining
A Guide to ABS CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is ABS?
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is an opaque thermoplastic made from a two phase polymer blend. ABS plastic is well known for its impact resistance and toughness.
Plastic ABS is both harder and more scratch resistant than PET and POM (Acetal), but has a lower thermal stability. The characteristics of basic ABS offer a wide scope for modification by varying the proportion of the components used in the polymer blend.
Main Attributes of ABS Plastic:
- Good machinability
- Easy bonding and weldability
- Gamma and x-ray resistant
- Good toughness and impact strength even at low temperatures
- High stiffness
- Good dimensional stability
- Can be used in temperatures ranging from -50°C to +70°C
- Electrically insulating
- Resists scratching
- Low density
- Good chemical resistance
- Good damping
- Low moisture absorption
- Not weather resistant
- Limited resistance to acid and caustic solutions
Detailed information about ABS for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
ABS Machining Service - ABS Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate ABS machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Penta provide an excellent service from start to end. Friendly and knowledgeable consultant and advice, superb communication throughout, outstanding attention to detail, flawless engineering and machining, on time supply, transparent pricing, clear and accurate paperwork. A genuine pleasure to do business with." Simon - Head of Fleet Maintenance
Penta Precision provides the following plastic ABS machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining engineering plastics for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your ABS machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.