A Guide to PVC CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PVC?
PVC (or Polyvinyl Chloride) is one of the most commonly used thermoplastic polymers worldwide.
PVC is a light, water resistant plastic with a long life cycle. It has high hardness and mechanical properties as well as good insulation properties.
Readily available and very cost effective, PVC provides an ideal choice for a number of applications and industries.
There are 2 formulations of un-plasticised PVC. Type I is corrosion resistant and most typically used. Type II possesses higher impact strength with only a slight reduction in corrosion resistance.
Main Attributes of PVC:
- Readily available and relatively low price
- Very high density
- High rigidity
- Outstanding tensile strength
- Extremely strong and exceptionally hard
- Low water/moisture absorption
- Superior fire retarding properties (ignition temperature is as high as 455°C)
- High corrosion resistance (to acid, alkali and almost all inorganic chemicals)
- Excellent insulating properties
- Excellent thermal properties
- Good mechanical properties
- Durable and light
- Tasteless, odourless and non-toxic
- Easily recycled
- Relatively small carbon footprint
GET PVC MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about PVC for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
PVC Machining Service - PVC Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate PVC machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following PVC machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
There are 3 key elements that run through the core of our company and staff at every level to ensure we deliver an exemplary service that goes above and beyond. We like to call these our 3 C's:
We are regularly machining PVC for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PVC machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.