A Guide to PVC CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PVC?
PVC (or Polyvinyl Chloride) is one of the most commonly used thermoplastic polymers worldwide.
PVC is a light, water resistant plastic with a long life cycle. It has high hardness and mechanical properties as well as good insulation properties.
Readily available and very cost effective, PVC provides an ideal choice for a number of applications and industries.
There are 2 formulations of un-plasticised PVC. Type I is corrosion resistant and most typically used. Type II possesses higher impact strength with only a slight reduction in corrosion resistance.
Main Attributes of PVC:
- Readily available and relatively low price
- Very high density
- High rigidity
- Outstanding tensile strength
- Extremely strong and exceptionally hard
- Low water/moisture absorption
- Superior fire retarding properties (ignition temperature is as high as 455°C)
- High corrosion resistance (to acid, alkali and almost all inorganic chemicals)
- Excellent insulating properties
- Excellent thermal properties
- Good mechanical properties
- Durable and light
- Tasteless, odourless and non-toxic
- Easily recycled
- Relatively small carbon footprint
PVC MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about PVC for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see PVC referred to as:
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Tecavinyl (trade name)
PVC Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which PVC is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using PVC and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- Components in packaging
- OEM components
- Chemical tanks
- Signage & displays
- Suction units
- Building & construction (most widely used polymer)
- Medical & pharmaceutical
- Food & packaging
White PVC CNC Machined Healthcare Prototype
PVC Machining Service - PVC Milling & Turning
Penta Precision provides highly accurate PVC machined parts. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following PVC machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining PVC for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PVC machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.