Aluminium 2024 Machining
A Guide to 2024 CNC Machined Parts
What is Aluminium 2024?
2024 is a medium to high strength aluminium alloy (depending on temper) which is specified for use in the military and aerospace sectors in critical structures where good strength to weight ratio is desired.
Main Attributes of 2024:
- High strength
- Very good fatigue resistance
- Improved fracture toughness
- Fatigue crack growth
- Poor corrosion resistance to atmospheric attack
Aluminium 2024 Machinability
Aluminium 2024 offers good machinability in the heat treated and annealed condition.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see aluminium 2024 referred to as:
- UNS A92024
- ISO AlCu4Mg1
- NF A-U4G1 (France)
- DIN AlCuMg2
- ASME SB211
- CSA CG42 (Canada)
- AIR 9048.630 (France)
- 3.354 (Germany)
- EN 2419 (Europe)
- AMS 4035
- Tempers: 0, T3, T351, T4, T81, T851, T42, T62, T361, T72, T861
GET 2024 MACHINING QUOTE
2024 Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which stainless 2024 is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using aluminium 2024 and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- Critical aircraft structures
- Wing tension members
- Aircraft fuselage
- Medical & scientific instruments
2024 Machining Service - 2024 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision provides highly accurate 2024 machined parts. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following 2024 machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining 2024 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 2024 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.