A Guide to stainless steel 303 CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is 303?
Stainless steel 303 is the most readily machineable austenitic stainless steel.
The addition of Sulphur in the steel composition improves machining but also causes a decrease in the corrosive resistance and a slight reduction of the toughness when compared to 304.
Main Attributes of Stainless 303:
- Excellent machinability
- Non-seizing and non-galling properties make it ideal for moving parts
- Good mechanical resistant properties
- Good corrosion resistance in mild environments (less corrosion resistance than 304)
- Not suitable for moist/marine environments
- Good resistance to oxidisation when intermittently exposed to temperatures of up to 760°C and continuous exposure to 870°C although not recommended for continuous use at 425-860°C as sensitive to carbide precipitation
- Poor weldability
Get Stainless 303 Machining Quote
Detailed information about 303 for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
303 Machining Service - Stainless 303 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate stainless 303 machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Customer service is always very professional with everything done to a great detail expertise. Final product is also to a very high standard." Russell - Engineering Maintenance for Production Lines
Penta Precision provides the following 303 stainless steel machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining 303 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your stainless 303 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.