GET A QUOTE
Stainless Steel 420 Machining
A Guide to 420 CNC Machined Parts
What is stainless 420?
Stainless 420 is a general purpose high carbon martensitic steel. It is usually supplied hardened and tempered or annealed condition. Martensitic stainless steels are designed for high hardness and sometimes other properties are compromised on.
420 has the highest hardness amongst all stainless grades with 12% chromium. The addition of sulphur to improve machinability does lower the corrosion resistance and weldability to below that of grade 410 (non-free machining equivalent).
Main Attributes of 420:
- Rust resistant
- High hardness
- Exceptional wear resistance
- Good corrosion resistance achieved when hardened and surface ground or polished (to atmosphere, foods, fresh waters, mild acids)
- Although it can be used in continuous service up to 650°C, this can result in a considerable drop in its core properties (hardness, tensile strength, corrosion resistance), therefore not recommended for use at working temperatures above 400°C
420 Machining Service - 420 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate 420 machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Penta are like “Ronseal”, they do what it says on the Tin. Excellent communication with good technical feedback. Quality products, at competitive prices." Peter - Managing Director
Penta Precision provides the following 420 machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining 420 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 420 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.