5251 Machined Parts
A Guide to 5251 CNC Milled & Turned Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is 5251?
Aluminium 5251 is a medium strength magnesium manganese alloy best known for its good ductility and formability.
It has high corrosion resistance, and as a result is commonly used in marine environments.
5251 is traditionally recognised as a general sheet metal working grade. It is not heat treatable to higher strength.
Main Attributes of 5251:
- Good surface finish & aesthetic properties
- High corrosion resistance
- Very good weldability
- Good anodising properties
- Good mechanical properties
- Medium strength
- High fatigue strength
- Low density
GET 5251 MACHINING QUOTE
The high strength and extra hardness of aluminium 5251 over pure aluminium gives good machinability. Whilst not quite as good as heated treated alloys, it has reasonable machinability for its intended application.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see 5251 referred to as:
- AI Mg2
- AI 2.0Mg 0.3Mn
- EN AW 5251
- UNS A95251
- 0 – soft
- H22 – work hardened by rolling then annealed to quarter hard
- H24 – work hardened by rolling then annealed to half hard
- H26 – work hardened by rolling then annealed to three-quarter hard.
5251 Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which aluminium 5251 is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using 5251 and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- Panelling & pressings
- Marine & aerospace components
5251 Machining Service
Penta Precision provides highly accurate machined parts in 5251. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following 5251 aluminium services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
There are 3 key elements that run through the core of our company and staff at every level to ensure we deliver an exemplary service that goes above and beyond. We like to call these our 3 C's:
We are regularly machining 5251 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 5251 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.