Aluminium Bronze (CA104) Machining
A Guide to Aluminium Bronze CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is Aluminium Bronze?
Bronzes are Copper-based alloys. Aluminium Bronzes are a range of Copper-based alloys with Aluminium as the main alloying element (up to 14%). There are four major groups of Aluminium Bronze:
- Single phase - < 8% aluminium
- Two-phase (duplex) – 8-11% aluminium
- Aluminium-Silicon alloys – with low magnetic permeability
- Copper-Manganese-Aluminium alloys – with good castability
Aluminium Bronze offers the highest strength of the copper based alloys as well as being the most tarnish resistant.
Main Attributes of Aluminium Bronze:
- High strength
- High hardness
- Excellent corrosion resistance – particularly in marine environments
- Excellent shock & wear resistance
- Can be difficult to machine
- Low oxidation rates at high temperatures
- High resistance to cavitation damage
- Retains properties at cryogenic temperatures
Detailed information about Aluminium Bronze for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
Aluminium Bronze Machining Service - Aluminium Bronze Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate machined Aluminium Bronze parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Penta Precision offers a highly professional, competitive and above all quality service. As one of our approved suppliers, we look forward to continuing to benefit from the close and ever-improving relationship." Adrian - Purchasing
Penta Precision provides the following Aluminium Bronze machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining Aluminium Bronze for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your Aluminium Bronze machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.