GET A QUOTE
A Guide to stainless steel 304 CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is 304?
304 is the most common stainless steel used globally. It is chosen for its excellent corrosion resistance and value for money.
304 and other austenitic steels also offer a balance of strength and workability.
304L is the extra low carbon form of 304 which has improved resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride bearing environments.
The most common form of 304 is 18/8 – which contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
Main Attributes of Stainless 304:
- Can withstand corrosion from most oxidising acids
- Easy to sanitize due to its durability
- Excellent toughness
- Susceptible to corrosion from chloride solutions and saline environments
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Ease of cleaning
- Outstanding welding characteristics
- Good heat resistance – oxidation resistance in intermittent use up to 870°c and continuous use up to 925°c, however continuous use at 425-860°c is not recommended. In this instance, 304L is recommended.
Get Stainless 304 Machining Quote
Detailed information about 304 for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
Stainless Steel 304 Machining Service - 304 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate stainless 304 machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"The quotes and products which Penta have supplied have always met our requirements. As some of the products we required are from projects started back in the eighties Penta have been very helpful in coming up with alternative material or better build standards. Also they have never come up with a no bid." David - Test Engineering Manager/ Project Leader
Penta Precision provides the following 304 machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining 304 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 204 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.