A Guide to PVDF CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PVDF?
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a high performance engineering plastic. It is a relatively new fluoropolymer best regarded for its chemical resistance. Although similar to PTFE, the mechanical features such as tensile stress and compressive strength are notably higher. Where PTFE trumps PVDF is in resistance to high temperatures (up to 300°C as opposed to 150°C for PVDF).
Main Attributes of PVDF:
- Outstanding chemical resistance to acids and alkali
- High density
- Mechanical strength and toughness
- Very low moisture absorption
- Good UV and weather resistance
- Flame retardant
- Very good weldability
- Food compliant
- Wide operating temperature range (-50°C to 150°C)
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Low thermal conductivity
GET PVDF MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about PVDF for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
PVDF Machining Service - PVDF Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate PVDF machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"I have always found Penta to be very professional when dealing with them. I find good communication to be very important which Penta excel at." Ben - Buyer
Penta Precision provides the following PVDF machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining PVDF for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PVDF machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.