A Guide to PVDF CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PVDF?
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a high performance engineering plastic. It is a relatively new fluoropolymer best regarded for its chemical resistance. Although similar to PTFE, the mechanical features such as tensile stress and compressive strength are notably higher. Where PTFE trumps PVDF is in resistance to high temperatures (up to 300°C as opposed to 150°C for PVDF).
Main Attributes of PVDF:
- Outstanding chemical resistance to acids and alkali
- High density
- Mechanical strength and toughness
- Very low moisture absorption
- Good UV and weather resistance
- Flame retardant
- Very good weldability
- Food compliant
- Wide operating temperature range (-50°C to 150°C)
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Low thermal conductivity
PVDF MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about PVDF for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see PVDF referred to as:
PVDF Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which PVDF is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using PVDF and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- Chemical tanks
- Laboratory equipment
- Solar power systems
- Food machinery components
- Food technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical & petrochemical
PVDF Machining Service - PVDF Milling & Turning
Penta Precision provides highly accurate PVDF machined parts. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following PVDF machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining PVDF for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PVDF machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.