PSU (Polysulfone) Machining
A Guide to PSU CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is PSU?
Polysulfone (PSU) is a family of transparent thermoplastics known for their toughness and stability at high temperatures. A semi-crystalline polymer, PSU is rigid and highly resistant to mineral acids, alkalis and electrolytes.
Main Attributes of PSU:
- Good chemical resistance (mineral acids, alkali, salt solutions)
- Flame retardant
- High strength & stiffness
- Excellent dimensional stability
- High heat resistance
- Broad temperature range capability
- Good creep strength
- Good resistance to hydrolysis and steam
- High mechanical strength
- Good insulating and dielectric properties
- Typically has an amber tint
- Food grade variations available
- Not UV resistant and poor weatherability – unsuitable for outdoor applications
- Not suitable for esters, chlorine and aromatic hydrocarbons
- Subject to stress cracking
GET PSU MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about PSU for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
PSU Machining Service - PSU Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate PSU machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Penta has responded quickly and efficiently to our requests which have been very demanding. Without their support we would have struggled to meet our deadlines. It has been a real pleasure to work with a dedicated engineering team that take on board the work load and deliver a good quality component on time." Mike - R & D Engineer
Penta Precision provides the following PSU machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining PSU for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your PSU machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.