Polypropylene (PP) Machining
A Guide to Polypropylene CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is Polypropylene?
Polypropylene (PP) also known as polypropene is a hydrocarbon polymer and is one of the most commonly produced plastics in the world.
It is sometimes referred to as the ‘steel of the plastic industry’ due to its adaptability.
PP is a thermoplastic that is available as a Copolymer and Homopolymer. It is commonly used for mechanical components in corrosive environments.
Main Attributes of Polypropylene:
- Good to excellent chemical resistance
- Semi rigid
- Good fatigue resistance
- Integral hinge property
- Good heat resistance
- High flammability
- Excellent electrical resistance
- Low density
- High purity
- Low moisture absorption
- High thermal expansion
- Food compliant
- Excellent weldability
- Stain resistant
- Low thermal and mechanical properties in comparison to engineering plastics
- Poor UV resistance
- More readily available alternative to ABS
- Low cost
GET POLYPROPYLENE MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about Polypropylene for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
Polypropylene Machining Service - Polypropylene Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate Polypropylene machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following Polypropylene machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
There are 3 key elements that run through the core of our company and staff at every level to ensure we deliver an exemplary service that goes above and beyond. We like to call these our 3 C's:
We are regularly machining Polypropylene for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. Contact us to discuss how we can help you with your Polypropylene machining requirements.