A Guide to Delrin CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is Delrin®?
Delrin is a brand name for an Acetal homopolymer made solely by DuPont™. Together with Acetal copolymers, Delrin is an engineering plastic known for being amongst the strongest and stiffest of all thermoplastics.
Main Attributes of Delrin®:
- Dimensional stability before, during and after machining
- Low moisture absorption
- Good chemical resistance to fuels and solvents
- Low friction and high wear resistance
- Wide operating temperature range (-40°C to 120°C)
- Good compressive strength
- Good shock resistance
- Easy to machine
Delrin in comparison to Acetal Copolymers:
- Higher flexural modulus at room temperature
- Higher impact strengths at room temperatures and low temperatures
- Tensile strength is approximately 10-15% higher than comparable copolymers
- Slightly higher continuous use temperature than copolymer (95°C vs. 90°C)
- Lower thermal expansion rate
- Better wear resistance
GET DELRIN MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about Delrin for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
Delrin® Machining Service - Delrin Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate Delrin machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following Delrin machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
There are 3 key elements that run through the core of our company and staff at every level to ensure we deliver an exemplary service that goes above and beyond. We like to call these our 3 C's:
We are regularly machining Delrin for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your Delrin machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.