Delrin Machined Parts
A Guide to Delrin CNC Milled & Turned Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is Delrin®?
Delrin is a brand name for an Acetal homopolymer made solely by DuPont™. Together with Acetal copolymers, Delrin is an engineering plastic known for being amongst the strongest and stiffest of all thermoplastics.
Main Attributes of Delrin®:
- Dimensional stability before, during and after machining
- Low moisture absorption
- Good chemical resistance to fuels and solvents
- Low friction and high wear resistance
- Wide operating temperature range (-40°C to 120°C)
- Good compressive strength
- Good shock resistance
- Easy to machine
Delrin in comparison to Acetal Copolymers:
- Higher flexural modulus at room temperature
- Higher impact strengths at room temperatures and low temperatures
- Tensile strength is approximately 10-15% higher than comparable copolymers
- Slightly higher continuous use temperature than copolymer (95°C vs. 90°C)
- Lower thermal expansion rate
- Better wear resistance
REQUEST DELRIN MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about Delrin for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see Delrin referred to as:
- Grades. DuPont offer a good variety of grades including those with medium-high viscosity, low VOC emissions and food and healthcare grades.
- Delrin® 100P / 100PE / 100TE / 100STE / 100ST / 100T
- Delrin® 300CP / 300PE / 300TE / 300CP NC010
- Delrin® 500P / 500PE / 500TE / 500T
- Delrin® 127UVE / 327UVE / 527UVE (UV resistant)
- Delrin® FG400MTD BLA079 (metal detectable)
- Delrin® FG400XRD NC010 (X-Ray detectable)
Here at Penta Precision, we have significant expertise in Delrin so please do pick up the phone if you would like to chat through your options when it comes to grades of Delrin and your application.
Delrin Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which Delrin is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using Delrin and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
- High load mechanical applications
- Safety Restraints
Typically used in highly regulated industries such as:
Black Delrin Machined Parts - R&D
Delrin® Machining Service
Penta Precision provides highly accurate machined parts in Delrin. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following Delrin plastic machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining Delrin for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your Delrin machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.