CZ121 / CW614N Machining, Properties & Components
What is CZ121?
CZ121 (CW614N) is an alpha/beta (duplex) brass alloy containing 37 to 39% zinc. These duplex alloys have restricted ductility being harder and have a higher tensile strength than alpha alloys which contain less than 37% zinc.
CZ121 typically contains 3% lead, giving great high speed, free machining characteristics (machinability rating of 90-100, the highest of any copper alloy).
As a result CZ121/CW614N the European brass grade of choice for many machined components.
Main Attributes of Brass CZ121:
- Excellent machinability
- High tensile strength
- Good corrosion resistance
- Easily soldered or brazed
- Good conductivity
- Good spark resistance
- Toughness at all temperatures - excellent for hot working (between 630 - 730°C)
- Low magnetic permeability
GET A QUOTE
Detailed information about CZ121 for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see CZ121 referred to as:
- NF A51-105
- The following designations may not be direct equivalent:
- UNS C38500
- CuZn40Pb3 (FR)
CZ121 Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which CZ121 is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using CZ121 and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
Used across all industries, CZ121's free machining qualities means it is the copper alloy of vhoice for:
- Simple and intricate fastenings
- Architectural extrusions
- Manifold blocks
- Pneumatics & hydraulics
- Electrical connectors and terminals
- Appliance parts
- Watch components
- Building products
- Fluid power
- Scientific and instrumentation
- Machinery builders
- Low level security
Brass CZ121 CNC Machined Replacement Part
CZ121 Machining Service
Penta Precision provides highly accurate machined parts in CZ121. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following brass CZ121 services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining CZ121 brass for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. Contact us to discuss how we can help you with your CZ121 machining requirements.