A Guide to M82 Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is M82?
M82 or M82 precision plate as it’s sometimes known, is a kind of aluminium plate that comes with a guaranteed tolerance on the thickness.
To achieve the thickness, the plate undergoes levelling and a controlled stretch operation.
The alloy used is 6082 (T651) and therefore many of the properties apply to both.
Main Attributes of aluminium M82:
- Consistent machinability
- Linished finish
- Aesthetically pleasing surface finish
- Superior flatness
- Gauge and flatness tolerances to tighter than 0.7EN specifications
- No surface finishing required – anodises well
- Good corrosion resistance
- Medium strength
- Maintains stability after machining
- Cost effective - little to no waste
GET M82 MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about M82 for designers including UK stock sizes and technical properties can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only. All information is based on our present knowledge and is given in good faith. No liability will be accepted by Penta Precision in respect of any action taken by any third party in reliance thereon.
Similar or obsolete designation and trade names
You may also see M82 referred to as:
- Hulamin M82
- M82 precision plate
M82 Components, Applications & Industries
Here are some examples of the industries and components for which M82 is appropriate. This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please do get in touch if you are considering using M82 and we can talk through your project with you.
Typical Components & Applications:
Aluminium M82 is suitable for a wide range of application including high tech applications such a precision tooling.
M82 Machining Service
Penta Precision provides highly accurate machined parts in M82. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following M82 services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
Our 3 unique pillars to delivering exemplary service:
We are regularly machining M82 for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your M82 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.