A Guide to aluminium 6082 CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is 6082 (L111/L113/L114/L115)?
6082 aluminium is a medium strength commercial alloy that has excellent corrosion resistance.
It is comparatively new in the 6000 series and because it has the highest strength in the series, it has replaced 6061 in many applications.
In plate form, it is the most commonly used alloy for machining. T6 is the strongest of the 6082 grades.
The aerospace equivalents of 6082 include L111 (bar), L113 (sheet), L114 (tube) and L115 (plate).
6082 grade is typically used across all market sectors as it is widely available, machines well and a range of surface treatments can be successfully applied. Application examples can be found below.
The aerospace equivalent "L Grades" are often used in military, defence and aerospace applications.
Main Attributes of Aluminium 6082:
- Medium strength
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Extruded surface finish not as smooth as others in the 6000 series
- Good weldability but strength lowered in the weld zone
- Also good for brazing & soldering
- Suitable for outdoor applications and will not rust
- Does not perform as well when exposed to saltwater as 5000 series grades
GET 6082 MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about 6082 for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
6082 Machining Service - 6082 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate 6082 machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
Penta Precision provides the following 6082 machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
What Makes Penta Different?
There are 3 key elements that run through the core of our company and staff at every level to ensure we deliver an exemplary service that goes above and beyond. We like to call these our 3 C's:
We are regularly machining 6082 and the aerospace equivalents for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 6082 machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.