A Guide to aluminium 2014A CNC Machined Parts: Properties, Applications and Design Considerations
What is 2014A?
2014A is a readily available high strength grade of commercial aluminium. The aerospace equivalents are L93 (plate), L157 (sheet) and L168 (bar).
Supplied in a fully heat-treated condition, 2014A is a 4-5% copper alloy. The most common temper is T651 (except under 10mm and over 203.2mm diameter which is suppied in T6 only) which is solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching then artificially aged.
L168 is the most widely used aluminium bar alloy in the aerospace industry.
Main Attributes of Aluminium 2014A:
- Exceptionally high strength
- Very good machinability
- Heat treatable and retains good strength after heat treatment
- After heat treatment, behaves very much like low-carbon steel
- Poor resistance to atmospheric attack, especially in marine environments (therefore often hard anodised)
- Unsuitable for welding/brazing/soldering
- Great for parts needing good strength up to 150°C
GET 2014 MACHINING QUOTE
Detailed information about 2014A for designers can be found in the tabs below. Please note: this information is provided as a guide only.
2014A Machining Service - 2014 Milling & Turning
Penta Precision supplies highly accurate 2014A machined parts throughout the UK. Customers turn to us when they have had quality and delivery issues with their existing suppliers and need a reliable precision machining partner.
We communicate well with customers, we take care with the projects placed with us and we are consistent in our service delivery. See our Proven Process page to find out more about our winning formula.
"Penta Precision provide an excellent service. They always deliver in the timescale they say they can. They are a very forward thinking company that enjoy sharing their vast experience in multiple manufacturing sectors." John - Test Engineer
Penta Precision provides the following aluminium 2014A machining services:
- CNC milling – prototypes & large batch runs
- CNC turning – prototypes & large batch runs
- Insert installation
- Part marking
- Manual milling
- Manual turning
- Machining design advice
- Machining drawing service
Reasons to Choose Penta:
- ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance
- Consistent high quality machined parts
- Reliable delivery dates - our track record speaks volumes
- Exceptional customer service and communication
- Machining design advice
- Extensive experience in our field
We are regularly machining 2014A aluminium for customers all over the UK. Our customers depend on our machining expertise as well as our outstanding delivery performance, to machine the highest quality parts. If you'd like to discuss how we can help you with your 2014A machining requirements, here's a list of ways to get in touch with us.