Vacancy: Production Team Leader - CNC Milling
Are you looking for a more fulfilling work life experience and fresh challenge in 2019? Perhaps you are a highly experienced CNC miller (programmer & setter) looking for the opportunity to step up to take a lead role?
Penta Precision is an ISO9001 subcontract machining company, manufacturing components for aerospace, medical, electronics and scientific equipment manufacturers. We process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels. Please visit www.pentaprecision.co.uk to understand more about our service.
Penta' is a progressive, expanding business looking to invest in people with great values and skills who want to join our journey to become:
"The engineering company where everyone wants to work and who everyone wants to buy from."
Reporting to and advising the Manufacturing & Quality Leader, you are accountable for the day to day supervision of skilled, semi-skilled and manual employees in the Milling Department to maximise production efficiency, on time delivery and ensure consistent “better than the norm” quality of the items being manufactured in a continuous improvement environment to facilitate sustainable business growth.
The company requires an experienced Production Team Leader to make decisions and conduct themselves in a manner that consistently demonstrates Penta’s Core Values. Working under your own initiative, leading, managing and prioritising the department’s actions and possessing the confidence to make decisions using a rationalised, commercially aware thought process in the best interests of Penta’.
The main duties of the position are detailed below. The time dedicated to each of the duties of the roll will ebb and flow to suit the changing day to day production requirements.
In return Penta offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- A progressive, engaging work environment.
- Job security, training and career opportunities.
- The opportunity to earn overtime.
- Company group profit related bonus scheme.
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays.
- Company sickness scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Demonstrate alignment and the ability to live and work by Penta’s Core Values.
- Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage and prioritise workload in a changing environment.
- Solid leadership, supervisory, people and communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Extensive experience developing working methods, CADCAM offline programming, setting and operating CNC milling machines. Training will be provided on our EzMill and Edgecam packages if required.
- Extensive hands on experience of using all types of traditional metrology measuring equipment.
- You will be analytical, accurate and thorough in all aspects of your work.
- Familiarity with an ISO9001:2015 quality environment.
- Promoting and having a continuous improvement focus.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ERP/MRP software packages would be of benefit but not essential.
- Flexible to be able to help out in other departments.
The position requires an individual to be efficient and competent at;
- Taking a lead role in technically advising on all aspects of engineering, working methods, CADCAM, programming, setting machining and tool making.
- Day to day shop floor supervision, coordination, guiding, training and helping production employees.
- Assisting with planning shop floor loading in order to optimise output levels whilst retaining quality and on time delivery targets.
- Developing working methods, CADCAM offline programming, setting & operating machines as required to maximise production output through individual flexibility
- Supporting the quality team by assisting with first off inspections.
- Assisting with production purchasing
- Conducting and giving input to employee appraisals; helping to ensure that each individual reaches their full potential
- Facilitate and contribute in 8D/NCR & works order investigations.
- Chairing and contributing to departmental meetings, practical production and machining efficiency improvements as part of a process for continuing improvement; embracing change and encouraging others to do so.
- Complete quarterly Rock projects and weekly “To do’s”
- Managing machine maintenance and breakdowns, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the lead times for customers are still achieved.
- Fire marshal duties (training to be provided).
- Supporting and giving holiday cover to the estimating, job preparation, quality inspection and manufacturing leadership team functions.
- Any additional functions or duties the company thinks is necessary for its day to day operations
Mon – Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm, 30 minute lunch break.
Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm.
41 hour a week.
A competitive salary dependent on experience.
Opportunity for overtime at 1.4 times hourly rate.
Firstly please contact Mark Walker (Director) on either 02392 668334 or email@example.com to discuss the role in more detail. We will then email an application form to be submitted along with C.V’s.