Vacancy: Lead Quality Inspector - CNC Machining
Are you looking for a more fulfilling work life experience and fresh challenge in 2019? Perhaps you are a Quality Inspector looking for the opportunity to step up to take a lead role?
Penta Precision is an ISO9001 subcontract machining company, manufacturing components for aerospace, medical, electronics and scientific equipment manufacturers. We process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels. Please visit www.pentaprecision.co.uk to understand more about our service.
Penta' is a progressive, expanding business looking to invest in people with great values and skills who want to join our journey to become:
"The engineering company where everyone wants to work and who everyone wants to buy from."
Reporting to the Manufacturing & Quality Leader you are accountable for leading the quality and inspection function for the company. You will prioritise work flow to maximise production efficiency, on time delivery and ensure the consistent “better than the norm” quality of the items being manufactured in a continuous improvement environment to facilitate sustainable business growth.
The company requires an experienced Lead Quality Inspector to make decisions and conduct themselves in a manner that consistently demonstrates Penta’s Core Values. Working under your own initiative, leading, managing and prioritising the department’s actions and possessing the confidence to make decisions using a rationalised, commercially aware thought process in the best interests of Penta’.
The main duties of the position are detailed below. The time dedicated to each of the duties of the roll will ebb and flow to suit the changing day to day production requirements.
In return Penta offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- A progressive, engaging work environment.
- Job security, training and career opportunities.
- The opportunity to earn overtime.
- Company group profit related bonus scheme.
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays.
- Company sickness scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Demonstrate alignment and the ability to live and work by Penta’s Core Values.
- Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload in a changing environment.
- Solid leadership, supervisory and communication skills.
- CNC machining and engineering background.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Extensive hands on experience of using all types of traditional measuring equipment including :- digital height gauges, shadow graphs, micrometers, digital vernier calipers, bore micrometers, pin & thread gauges etc.
- Experience of programming and using CNC / CMM’s would be advantageous but not essential. The company will provide training.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under your own initiative
- You will be analytical, accurate and thorough in all aspects of your work.
- Familiarity with an ISO9001:2015 quality environment, promoting and having a continuous improvement focus.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ERP/MRP software packages would be of benefit but not essential.
- Flexible to be able to help out in other departments.
The position requires an individual to be efficient and competent at;
- Taking a lead role in technically advising on engineering, quality, inspection and continuous improvement.
- Managing and prioritising the function’s resources and workflow to ensure timely inspection, balancing the needs of production with final inspection in preparation for packing and dispatch
- Final inspections including completing FAIR reports when required
- Coordinating and assisting with first off inspection
- Discussing and agreeing in process inspection with machinists to avoid patrol inspections
- Coordinating and assisting inspecting subcontract work
- Driving right first time results with immediate, pro-active, 8D/NCR investigations for both internal and external non- conformance with quickly implemented conclusions
- Checking signatory for reverse engineering and tooling modification drawings sign off.
- Advising, discussing, coordinating and conforming to the inspection, administration and working procedure requirements of ISO 9001detailed herein and also including;
- Developing and document Penta processes, deliver training and ensure they are followed by all. Operating and maintaining the computerised system and manual administrative records including becoming a “Super User” for the Progress Plus Quality Module.
- Chairing, attending and contributing to L10 departmental meetings.
- Coordinate and deliver Rocks and To do’s (improvement projects).
- Staff line management, development, training and quarterly conversations.
- Providing overtime inspection cover as required.
- Coordinating and assisting the Production Assistant on a daily basis to ensure goods for despatch are packed and any spares appropriately allocated and stored.
- Any other duties as requested by your manager.
Mon – Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm, 30 minute lunch break.
Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm.
41 hour a week.
A competitive salary dependent on experience.
Opportunity for overtime at 1.4 times hourly rate.
Firstly please contact Mark Walker (Director) on either 02392 668334 or email@example.com to discuss the role in more detail. We will then email an application form to be submitted along with C.V’s.